Covid-19 updates - Keeping our people safe
Throughout this Covid-19 pandemic, our primary priority has been the continued safety of all our people: residents, workforce and our relatives. We have worked tirelessly to follow guidance and implement a number of additional safety measures to ensure the health and wellbeing of each individual.
It’s also been vitally important to us that all our people remained well informed and updated on what was happening within our homes. We aimed to alleviate fear and create a sense of control and calm within our communities. To achieve this we implemented the following:
- Twice weekly communications to relatives and staff with open and honest information
- Created secure relatives groups to ensure residents remained connected to their loves ones
- Each home received tablets to carry out regular FaceTimes with loved ones
Physical and emotional wellbeing
During this time, we also understood the heightened importance of the physical and emotional wellbeing of our residents and our workforce. We continue to work closely with our care and activities teams to deliver 1:1 personalised care for residents as well as more social activities outdoors and maintaining social distancing. Activities are by no means the same as they used to be, however, we are exercising our creative skills to develop new and innovate ways for staying active and fulfilled.
Additionally, we have introduced our Employee Assistance Programme which aims to support our workforce through difficult times.
We believe that before the pandemic we were a strong organisation filled with knowledgeable, caring and compassionate people. However, we were nothing compared to who we are now. Our people are incredible and inspirational in equal measures, our team spirit and solid values are truer now more than ever before and we stand strong as a solid family unit, knowing that together, we can face any challenge ahead.
Our future at Renaissance care is exciting, we have lots to look forward to as we continue to invest in our people and our environments. Our vision hasn’t changed, it’s simply made our desire to deliver exceptional care even greater.
Visiting our homes
Welcoming loved ones back into our homes has been the long-term goal for all our care homes. Our homes are places of love and happiness, this is created by the people within them, that’s inclusive of our residents, their loved ones and our amazing workforce.
As of Wednesday 3rd March 2021, Renaissance care reopened to indoor visiting following all Government guidance and safety protocols:
- Two designated visitors per resident, per week
- Visits take place in residents bedroom, unsupervised with hand holding and hugging allowed
- Visits will start off at one hour for the first couple of weeks to help us manage and adjust to the new measures in place. This will increase soon after.
- LFT on arrival to the home
- Visits to be booked in advance to help us control footfall
- A designated member of staff will be available to welcome and guide visitors through the process and conduct the testing
- A face mask will be provided on arrival and should be worn throughout the visit
- Additional cleaning will take place before and after all visits
- Social distancing should be maintained where appropriate
- Hand hygiene stations available throughout our buildings
The current visiting guidance is a step in the right direction, and it is our commitment to increase this in line with updated Government guidance.
We are 100% driven by health, wellbeing and care and understand the importance of people spending quality time together. We will balance this with ensuring we make these experiences as safe and fulfilling as possible. The measures we have in place to protect all our people are robust and consistent. They work in conjunction with everyone doing their bit to adhering to the measures in place and we are grateful for the support from all our people in following this guidance.